Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Riggs's 1st day of "School"

When Riggs woke up this morning, he had no idea I would be dropping him off in a room full of strangers and leaving him there. We have been talking about it and getting his bag ready, but I knew he would still be shocked. To my surprise, we both handled it very well.

He is attending Concordia Lutheran Church's "Tiny Tots" (Mother's Day Out) program on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They fill the days with Music class, "Jesus Time", Chapel, and Spanish. Today he went straight in and started playing. He panicked a little when I told him "Bye"...I am not a believer in "Sneaking Out." One of the teachers held him while I left. I had to go to the office and fill out some paperwork, and I could hear him saying "Mama?, Mama?" But he was fine and I was even able to peek in on him at Music class.

When I went to pick him up, I peeked through the curtain. They were sitting at a table having snack and listening to the Spanish teacher. It was so cute!!! The teachers said he did great and they would have never guessed this was his first day.

I was able to accomplish a bunch of errands today which was nice. Here are some pictures of him running around the house this morning with his backpack, a quick shot of him in his classroom this morning, and the project they did today...a groundhog.

No comments: